Request for Proposals 2023
The Asian Women Giving Circle believes culture is an essential part of any strategy for social change. We support organizations led by Asian American women and/or gender-expansive people and individual artists in NYC who are using arts and culture to:
- bring about progressive social transformation,
- raise awareness and catalyze action around critical issues that affect Asian American women, girls, gender-expansive people and families, and
- highlight and promote women’s central role as leaders, creators, developers and managers of these projects.
All applications are reviewed by AWGC’s Steering Committee. A short-list of applicant projects are advanced as “finalists” and all donors to the grantmaking pool will be invited to vote via email ballot on the projects they believe should be funded. The final grant allocation decisions are made by the Steering Committee and submitted to our fiscal sponsor, the Ms. Foundation for Women, which disburses the grants solely at our direction.
Applications will be reviewed with the following criteria:
- The project is led by AAPI women or gender-expansive people and/or has AAPI women and girls and/or gender-expansive people in central roles in the project’s conceptual framework, design and implementation.
- The arts and social change are related in an integral way.
- Has a clear and persuasive strategy to move hearts and minds toward progressive social change and a strong potential to do so.
- Raises awareness and/or intervene around critical issues affecting AAPI women, girls, and/or gender-expansive people and families, e.g., human rights, bias, injustice, gender-based violence, immigrant rights.
- Demonstrates a deep commitment to NYC-based communities.
- Demonstrates a vision and plan for using the grant funds effectively and for completing the project.
- Demonstrates exceptional creativity, artistically and/or through social intervention.
- Notification of Grant Awards will be made in June 2023.
- All grantees will be required to submit a narrative and financial report at the end of the grant year (June 2024).
How to Apply
Visit us here for more information and to apply. This RFP is administered via the grants portal of the Ms. Foundation for Women. Applications will be accepted ONLY via this online process.